Tuesday, August 1

Introducing... Mr Ego - Personal Assistant

I have been reading this book entitled "Self-made millionaire" by Adam Khoo. For those who do not know him, he's a self-made millionaire (duh!) at the age of 26. Considering that he spends 2 years in National Service, you gotta agree its quite a feat!

I shall quote a little experiment from his book (hopefully this is still within copyright limits).
Spend 5 minutes to write down exactly 5 reasons as to why you are not rich.
Ok, I know you readers are probably too "smart" to actually do that, but trust me, its for ur own good. When you are done, scroll on.











Ok, so you still decide to read on, huh?
Ok, enough silly excuses as I continue Adam's interpretation.

How many of these reasons are caused by environmental?
Reasons like
(1) My parents are not rich, unlike my peers.
(2) My luck just plain sucks.

And how many are actually self-induced?
(1) I spend too much time on computer games and neglect finding opportunities.
(2) I go back too tired and has only time for TV.
(3) I do not know much abt starting a business.

The bad news is that if u blame things to environment, you are destined to be poor (unless lottery, jackpot etc...). Its because you CANNOT change what is going on around you.
The good news is that if u blame things on yourself, you can actually change it!

Spend too much time on TV => Then watch less TV.
Know nuts abt the finance => Start reading on it.

My interpretation:
Blame yourself more, and then take the chance to do some corrective action.
Blame it on others, and remain a loser!!

Adam's book is actually better than "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" in my opinion, because I can relate more to Singapore-based opportunities and mindset.

So how do you get started to change your life "for the better"?
Find out what's wrong, and set targets to change!

How often have you set targets for yourself but have not achieved it?
Here's how I do it.

Close friends know me to be an egoistic person (hopefully not too cocky). I sometimes announce to them that I will do something.
Months ago, I told my colleagues that I will run the Marathon this year (which has since being adjusted to a half-marathon). And that has inspired me to practise jogging, despite my years of sports inactivity. Its ego that is driving me forward. I have sent the email out to so many people, no way am I going to lose face.
If my fellow Malaysian, Kenny Sia can do it, so can I!!
Set stretched but realistic targets for yourself, but make sure ego takes care that you implement the actions.

Recently, I volunteered to do some presentation at some meeting with my friends(non-work related) in a week's time. Because Mr Ego tells me I can't stammer during the presentation and look totally unprepared, it forces me to prepare for the "big" presentation. No way am I gonna look stupid in front of everyone else. So I find time for myself to prepare. Time that used to be spent watching TV, idling etc...

Seeing others doing it is the easy part.
When will you go into action?
Let Mr Ego drives you to your goal!

I shall end with a memorable quote from my mum.
"Not everyone can boast. Only those with ability!"

I am made for bigger things.
So are you!

Cheers! ^_^

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Facebook "Like" Button