Tuesday, August 29

Swimming in the 7th month

Managed to reach home at 7pm+ yesterday, courtesy of a colleague who drove me back.

Had the sudden thought of going to the nearby Jurong East Swimming Complex. Yes, Shingo T is a non-swimmer, but there is a water theme park there. Coupled with floats, anyone can go in there for a mere $1.50 on weekdays.

Cheap and good does exist in Singapore.

Reached there at 8pm, and rushed for the float stall. Renting of float is at $2, but shop closes at 8.30pm. =( But nothing's gonna stop me in the name of fun. I must get into the wave pool today, so I paid up.

I was in the wave pool jump in time for the action. As the name implies, waves were created to push you around. And strong jets of water shot from the top. The feeling is like holding on to a log, in the middle of the ocean, on a stormy night.

Floating under the night is wonderful. I glanced at the sky, no stars, no Moon. Isn't the red Mars supposed to be visible somewhere in this period? Never mind.

The wave pool had no more than 15 people, which is a far cry from the 100+ that you see on weekends. I suddenly realised that this is the first time I'm out "swimming" alone.

I wished wife-to-be was here. =(

Noticed 2 occassions when "someone" pushed my float. Turned around and saw nobody. Recalled it was the 7th month, but I have never been superstitious type. I'm into Shingoism, believing in nobody but myself. Anyway, it must have been strong unexpected waves.

I was the last to leave the theme park, and got to enjoy the Symphony of the Night.

Yes, the west side of Singapore is not a boring place with only Science centres and Bird Parks. The East have they Geylang. We have our Holland V. Their Tampines Malls + Century Square + White Sands (zzz...) are no match for our Jurong Point + IMM.

This little theme park is nowhere closed to Wild Wild West in the East, but its a good enough substitute, for a non-swimmer like me.

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Facebook "Like" Button