Thursday, February 1

Its not easy being a pest

Stolen from Prudence's blog.


" When u came across someone on the street, who asking u to help to do survey, don't reject in a rude manner. Making a life is really not easy.

Today i told myself, cannot eat dinner unless i close a case in the roadshow. then, sadly, I didn't manage to get case closed, as a result, i cannot have dinner until 12 midnight when I went back home.

Life is tough. It takes time. But don't let life change u; u can change the life!

So I determined, tomorrow I am still going to be energized, happy & cheerful. No Matter How Much Rejection I Need to Take."


-------------------

Insurance agents are some of the friendliest people that I know. Who will want to buy policies from an impatient and foul mouth agent anyway?

However, most Singaporeans find them a pest. Especially those insurance agents who ask you to fill up a survey form at the MRT station. Do you normally bother to listen to what they have to offer? Regardless of your reply, a kudos from me to you if you gave them a smile when you reject them.

In general, the service industry has always been one shunned by locals. Turnover rate for insurance agents are quite high. Its not easy for them to get new clients, since most of us already have policies and our own investments. I have heard stories of people out to "chop" the agents for free meals, even though they have no intentions of signing up.
To suceed, agents have to be daring. They give cold calls, they hang around road shows trying to "solicit" business.
Having done numerous survey and pamphlet distributing jobs during my school days, I know how it feels like to be a "pest".

More muscles to frown than smile.
^_^ > =(

Be nice to them, k?
In return, God shall not make you a cockroach in your next life.

On a side note, ever realise that male agents will approach the ladies, while those female agents will approach the buaya species?

Smart move.

No comments:

Facebook "Like" Button