Ok, crap aside. =p
Nina from ballerina's close to obsession has given me my first ever award.
The Haute Mess Award.
Tracing back to the original source of the award, it was created by Niki B, to commemorate her 100th post in her blog.
More details can be found here.
Quoting from Nina's blog on the reason why she's passing the award to me, "even if yours is not a fashion blogsite, you truly make everyone's day with your lovely (and humorous) insights about life"
Thank you, Nina. That was an excellent complement to begin my day. ^_^
The pre-conditions of this award is to list 7 things I'm grateful for, and to pass it to 7 people.
I will list the former, but I'm sorry that I won't be able to pass the awards on due to some beliefs of my own. Pardon me for being unsporting.
7 things I'm grateful for (in no order of importance)
(1) Wifey. For being the great and irreplacable wife that you are, and for tolerating a unromantic hubby who is full of flaws.
(2) Bloggers of blogs that I frequent. I see the world through your eyes. And reading your updated entries make me happy. ^_^
(3) Readers of Cup of Ice. Thanks for commenting, and not being turned off by my ego. The reason why I keep my Inbox open is to read your comments.
(4) The company I work for, because one should always be grateful to the company who feeds you. That being said, I am still one who believes that one should love the job and never the company, because you won't know when the company will stop loving you.
(5) Malaysia and Singapore. Malaysia is my natural mother, while Singapore is my adopted mother. Despite spending 95% of my life in Singapore, I still feel very rooted to Malaysia. I attribute my down-to-earth character to Malaysia, and my practicality to Singapore. And these 2 attributes define what I am today.
(6) My parents and Wifey's parents. Without the former, there's no me. Without the latter, there's no her.
(7) Myself. The toughest babysitting job in my world is to take charge of myself.
Thanks again, Nina! I will put the award in the side panel for some time, partly because I did not fulfill the entire condition of forwarding this award to a few more people, and because website loading time is always my concern.
About the Author: Shingo T will be creating a "Handsome blogger, but with a little tummy and receding hairline" award, and is looking for nominees.