(2) I read that Avatar's the 2nd movie that James Cameron (Cameroon?) directed since Titanic, more than 10 years ago. I think he can rest for another 10 years with the proceeds from this box office hit. But then again, maybe he should get us more great shows.
(3) Does anyone agree that Avatar is a great pro-environment conservation show with their anti-deforestation message? We shouldn't be taking airplanes, we should be taming some oversized birds and ride them all over the world. We are one with nature!
(4) I recently stumbled upon a Singapore blog entitled Taxi Driver's Diary. Taxi drivers meet all kinds of people in their day. Maybe I should drive a taxi when I'm sick of corporate life.
(5) One of the best thing about this blogging experience is reading about the lives of different professions. Bunnies, doctor, dentist, entrepenuer, taxi driver, corporate flyers, just to name some.
But one person's profession/area of expertise I am really keen to know is MKL. I could have easily mistaken him for a talent scout for a modelling agency.
(6) For those of you wondering about my real-life job scope, let me just simply summarise it as "I make people's life easier". I thought it sounds better than "I do what my boss ask me to do." What's the layman description of what you do?
(7) Are you doing what you are good at, or what you love best?
(8) I was analysing the Amway compensation plan on my way to work. It's pretty interesting comparing the plans and products of various network marketing companies. Analysis has always been my forte, and more importantly, it's fun! And darn, I missed my MRT stop to alight.
(9) "The key to satisfaction is low expectation", I quote that from Roxy. I couldn't have phrase that better.
(10) Have you heard the story about a mouse who saw the farmer bring in a mousetrap? The mouse warned the chicken, the pig and the cow about it, all of whom totally ignored the mouse because it's none of their business. Eventually, the mouse survived while the other 3 animals died. In every community, everyone is connected.
(11) First the local telco (telephone company) offered caller ID so that we can see which numbers are calling us. And now they just dropped me a message to ask if I want to subscribe to a anonymous number service, so that no one knows what my number is. Somehow I find it a little ironic. But from investor standpoint, it's an INGENIUS money-making idea!
Create something out of nothing and make money out of it.
Then offer to turn it back into nothing and make more money.
(12) Do you know what my Rule #1 is? Never lose track of time.
(13) When looking for a partner, search with both your eyes WIDE OPEN. And after you get married, CLOSE one of the eye. The latter is important because some couples have problem differentating what's REALLY important in married life.
(15) Sometimes, I forget how to count.