Wednesday, August 23

The GameMaster

I had 2 nicknames during my primary school days.

First was "The Walking Bus Guide". This was due to my memorisation of the bus guide since primary 3. I bought yearly editions of the bus guide and memorised them. Friends and even relatives will call me if they need to know how to go from A to B. I still receive such calls, though I must say that I have gotten pretty out of touch.

The second was "The GameMaster". That was the nickname I was most proud of. Inspired by video games and the lack of having access to them (my family was poor), I came up with my own board games since young. The games are pretty advanced, for a primary school kid my age. My board games were the closest things to intereactive arcade games, and trust me, they are HOT!

They are not the monotonous "Snakes and Ladders", and they are more advanced than "Monopoly".

I will proudly declare my board games as creative, unlike ANY kind of board games during my days. And they are POOKING popular with my classmates, who will come early to school just to play them.

My games has various themes, normally associated with monsters, the supernaturals. I control the monsters (aka the bad guys), and my classmates will control the hero (aka good guys). As in real-life, bad guys start with the advantage, but good guys will slowly get better along the game, as they stumble across better weapons and magic. And as in wrestling, the good guys don't always win in the end.

One of my most memorable games was the one where I get to control
Frankenstein (moves slowly, but yields high damage)
Gillman (one who lurks in "water", but moves very fast)
Dracula (one that could teleport past obstacles within a certain distance)
Mummy (range attack with his bandages)
Chinese zombie (hops in multiple of 3 steps)
Succubus (forgot what she does, but my games are rated R)
My games are dice-based, where random events can occur since you draw a card at each round. My maps are big, and it normally take an hour or two to complete playing it.

I must have made about 50 board games during my primary school days. The games had to be hidden under the bed, as my sister will destroy my games when she sees them. That was when she was still the "evil sister". My sister has since been promoted to "the best sista in the world". ^_^

I have written my own game books. They are similat to the Lone Wolf series gamebooks that you may have seen those in bookshops. They let you make decisions. Example. If u decide to go into the haunted house, turn to page 55. If you decided to cross the river, turn to page 32. =p

I have also gotten a rival competitor, who was out to snatch a bit of the pie in my glorious gaming industry. His name was Jeremy and he came up with his own game (somehow, he only came up with only one), but it turned out to be a pretty "Snakes and Ladders". He was a great artist, and his game board was truly beautiful, a work of art. Mine, in comparison, was plain, mostly drawn in pencils, all black-and white. Some of my "customers" were initially snatched by him, and I was POOKING pissed. Well, but I have some "customers" that recognise the value of the work. What I lost in presentation, I make it up with contents.

I was passionate about my games. I used to walk around the neighbourhood to gather inspiration too. Home was never a place that I could derive inspiration from, but it was where my secret laboratory was. I was the evil wizards with who cackles and concoct his own board games.

There was once when my schoolmates were playing my board games in a certain deserted part of school, when the school bullies came along and knock over my games. No one messes around with me and my passion. I had to protect the "customers", and nobody's gonna make fun of my games. I asked the bullies to "stay there if they have the guts", and went to my school bag for a hammer. I happen to have a hammer in my bag, probably for some arts related schoolwork. A primary school kid with a hammer, threatening to strike the school bully's skull with it. That's me. I will say the school bully has guts, standing there in defiance. But I can see that he was scared deep inside, but he can't looked too bad in front of his "lackeys". He has a Mr Ego within him too, I guess. Haha. Lets not go into what happens after that.

I made my own dices, and made checkers out of various items. Board game companies should have employed me when I was still in primary school. Then they won't produce crappy board games that I still see today.

Passion drives me far.
Mr Ego drives me further.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Hey man, how abt u bring out some of the games u just said. We mite be able to play some during one of our outing.. wahhaa.... so what happen to the bully that got whack by the sledgehammer? or did u get decimated by the spirit squad? haha... tell me man.. when we meet... 2 words for ya...

SUX IT. haha.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Facebook "Like" Button