Monday, September 18

Fate is just a silly excuse.

This will be another busy week. I have meetings/classes/appointments almost every weekday night, and even on Saturdays. And I'm not complaining. I like to be on the fast pace, been one step ahead of most of the other people.

I proudly announce I have no time for TV.
That's good news!!!

I like to learn as much as possible, before I get tied down with other matters in future. This has very much to do with my upbringing. My parents were poor, but they never waste time on drama serials.

My dad told me "yan3 si4 si4 pian4 zi3, kan4 si4 si4 sa2 zi3".
That literally means that "Actors are cheaters, Audiences are silly people".
How true in a sense.

The only shows they watch are news and current affairs. And the only things my mum read are mainly newspapers and health books.

It's seems to be against our family principles to idle for long periods.
And I have never been one who likes to leave things to fate, while wasting precious time away.

My philosophy is this.
Fate is bulls**t.
Luck does come once in a while.
But only Proactiveness bring you forward.


Every time you are proactive, you will learn something.
Fear of rejection, fear of failure and fear of success will hinder your progress.

To my friends who feel that getting attached should be best left to fate.
Leaving to fate is pure avoidance.
The truth is, Fate never comes if you choose to do nothing.
Ever heard of the reason why "Ugly guys will end up with pretty girls?" Thats because the ugly guys make an earlier move. Simple as that. You will be surprised by the number of girls who go for "acceptable" looks instead of "good" looks.
Handsome/pretty is good-to-have. But its not compulsory.
So go join the SDU, go chat up ladies online, go join activities, clubs, organisation etc...
One of my friends got to know his wife, by getting her number on the MRT station, and they progressed from there.

And to my friends who always complain about being poor for the rest of their lives.
Leaving to fate is pure laziness.
The only way you are going to get rich is by buying Toto, which is 1 in 8 million.
Or to start your own business, which has better odds than Toto.
You don't need a high capital, all you need is a good business plan. So stop giving excuses.

Only you can mould your own future.
Never leave it to fate.
It is just a silly excuse.

No comments:

Facebook "Like" Button