Sunday, October 8

Watches

Since young, I have always been wearing a cheap Casio watch. Dad bought me the first one, and I grew accustomed to it for the next many many years ahead. All my Casio watches had something in common, it has to be digital, because I read the time "faster" that way by not having to figure out the hour and minute hands. And it always has the stopwatch feature, which I always wanted, but hardly used.



The first expensive (defined as >$100) watch that I ever had was a 25 Hours watch, bought it when I just just started dating Wifey a few years ago. Since I was working, Wifey thought I should get one which looks more befitting of a office class, so I got one with the hours and minutes hand. Nice watch.

Within a year, the strap wore out. So I went to the same 25 Hours shop and ask if I could buy a strap replacement. The salesgirl told me that the strap for my watch was no longer in production. Which means, no straps for me. No other normal watch shops could get me a strap, and my still-working 25 Hours watch became "redundant". =(

My 2nd expensive (still defined as >$100) watch was a Fossils watch, a birthday gift from Wifey. It was actually the 2nd one that she bought for me, the first one was stolen from her baggage which we forgot to lock when it went into the Thailand Airport. Damn those thieves in officials' clothings.

Some time later, I carelessly dropped the watch and the glass cover broke. I had it sent to Fossil for replacement. A $60 charge and 1 month later, I happily got back my watch, never mind the 1 month it took to change a cover.

Just when I thought I will be able to spend the rest of my life with Wifey and my Fossils watch, the strap wore out. =( I went back to the same shop and ask for the change. The salesgirl told me it will cost $40 and a one month's wait.

What the POOK! 0.o
Isn't it a simple strap replacement? Even if it cost $40, why do I have to wait for another 1 month? I already spent 1 month earlier to get the glass cover replacement. I left the shop, with another "redundant" watch in hand.

2 expensive watches, both still in working condition.
And both strapless.

This time round, Wifey told me she will get me a watch from City Chain. At least I won't be in the mercy of sole authorised dealers this time round.

I miss my cheap but unproblematic Casio watches. =(

No comments:

Facebook "Like" Button