Wednesday, October 25

Why you look them no up?

During my stay at Thai Cozy House, I was lucky to be able to catch up with an old friend, Moto, a Thai guy who used to work at the inn.

He's a typical Thai, friendly, and he speaks decent English in Thai accent. I used to joke with him that he should marry the inn's boss (who's a chiobu) and achieve instant financial freedom. ^_^

He told me that since he left Thai Cozy House, he has went down to both Singapore (my adopted homeland) and Malaysia (my natural homeland) to look for work, preferably in the hospitality industry which he has a passion in.

He ended up working in Malaysia for a short 2 months, but came back to Thai after his trip to the 2 countries. His exact words "They look down on Thai people". I was in a loss of consolation words, but assured him that Wifey and I love Thai people.

My Mr Ego kept quiet.

Why do some of you look them no up?
What makes you think you are so-called better than him?

Moto's getting married in 2 years time, and probably will remain in Thailand.
He has gotten a translator job in Thailand that pays him double of what he gets in Thai Cozy House.

By the way, Moto loves the bah kuh teh in Singapore, just like many of us.

No comments:

Facebook "Like" Button