Thursday, April 19

The Attention-Seeking Whore

I have always been a talkative boy since school days. I like to interrupt classes with silly (and maybe lame) jokes. Making the class laugh (if I suceeded) was the ultimate prize I was waiting for - its an Ego booster. Its a recognition for your contribution to class.

Yes, I'm a sucker for attention.

Last night, I was giving a talk to a group of like-minded friends.
The emcee was giving the class a brief introduction of my background before I start, and I was pleasantly surprised at how I was described. A little exaggerated, but it keeps the Ego pumping. I like the part when I was described as bringing joy to wherever I go. ^_^

Subsequently, I had great fun doing public speaking to a group of enthusiasts. I like capturing people's attention. The feeling is great, being a star on the stage, even for just an hour.

The little reward that you receive after its done.
The attention that you get for doing what you love most.

Like my mum always said, you need to excel at something in order to show off.
Aren't each of us experts in our own ways?

Show us what you have, junior!

No comments:

Facebook "Like" Button