Because if you are printing something not meant for the roving eyes of your colleagues, you gotta be nimble. You have to intercept your printout before anyone does.
Failing to be prompt in collecting your personal printouts can lead not just to loss of confidentiality, but also to embarrassment.
Some of the "personal" stuffs that I have came across:
(1) Salary slips. Somehow I wasn't the only one who noticed. Soon, everyone in the department knew how much the person was getting.
(2) Bank account and investment statement. Equally dangerous.
(3) Course Notes from part-time schooling. Or hobby-related notes.
(4) Work-related complaint emails.
(5) Black-and-white pictures of scantily clad babes. Ok, I'm kidding for this one.
To my colleagues who are reading this, the next time you see me sprinting 100 metres to the office printer, do not even think of intercepting me.
Cos I will bite!
About the Author: Shingo T's teeth is rumoured to pierce through aluminium pots with ease.